Friday 8 March 2013

Halloween brief

The first attempt at finishing the piece, I felt the two halves contrasted too much but I like how the details on the face stand out in comparison to other edits.


Here I added some blood, trying to bring the two areas of focus together by adding a single colour to tie them in. I think I lost some of the details I liked about the face and there is still some question about the eye on the left belonging to a wolf. 


To make the subject matter more obvious I went on to add a snout and a snarl (though I don't like the teeth in the end product) to the picture above as well as add a few more tweaks. I don't know the total hours I spent on all three but I feel like my photoshop skills have definitely benefitted from going back and trying over, adding more detail and thinking of the composition a little more.

Definitely finished with it now though!



No comments:

Post a Comment